Monday, July 15, 2013

Relax, It's Not About You

The nice thing about working for a Christian organization is, each morning I get together with people I care about and we can talk about God’s word, our lives and pray together. It’s beautiful really, and I’m not thankful enough for it.

This morning a friend reminded me of 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, God choosing the foolish, weak and base, the “things that are not… so no man may boast before God.”

We talked about the disciples and were reminded of the rabble of men Christ chose to be closest to him. I had to smile as I thought about the rabble of folks he’s brought to HCJB Global.

Bright and gifted, from different countries, cultures and contexts drawn together by a longing to let people know about Jesus. We are a weird and wonderful bunch of ragamuffins, not dissimilar from the strange group of people first touched by the Gospel.

It’s a humbling thing to serve with them.

The Bible doesn't tell us Christ went to the temple and asked the Chief Priest to follow him. But he did talk to some guys out fishing. It’s like he skipped Rick Warren to go chat with the guys stocking shelves at Walmart.

I think we question that we can have an impact in this world because we question our abilities and our chance of "success." The beauty is it’s not about you. It's not about me either, though that’s a harder lesion to learn. 

So if you’re feeling, foolish, weak and base, cheer up! You’re in good company. And no matter how you feel, know that you were chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment