Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grow A Burger

I read today that they have grown a hamburger from stem cells. Apparently, we now have the ability to grow our own meat in a lab without the assistance of a cow. Someone will soon eat the $380,000 burger.

Over thousands of years man has amassed an enormous amount of knowledge. We’ve eradicated diseases, visited the moon and explored the depths of our oceans. We’ve discovered earth is one tiny speck of dust in the vast expanse of the universe, seemingly insignificant and still unique.

So much knowledge and we’re still so stupid.

For some reason we’re still trying to kill each other. Because you have what I want, don’t look like me, don’t agree with me. We kill each other for nations, for religions and for a buck 60.

I’ll kill you because I’m bigger and stronger, because I’m afraid of you, because I have a gun. Maybe I don’t need a reason, I’ll do it because I can.

We are amassing all of the knowledge of the universe and we’re still as stupid as Cain.

We should be astonished by our accomplishments and horrified by our depravity, but we read about both with such increasing velocity we yawn and click the next link.

All of this would be depressing if I didn’t have faith in Christ, the promise of his return and the hope that comes with it. One of the reasons I believe is because the alternative is too pathetic; millions of years of evolution and we’re just as dumb as when we first crawled out of the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment