Monday, January 5, 2015

Taylor Swift

You may have seen this video from Taylor Swift recently...





I don't understand why getting a present from a famous person would make someone cry. Yes, she is beautiful, extremely talented and, I'm certain, very hard working. And I know others just as beautiful and gifted. People are people.

And I'm sure there are those who believe Taylor's "nice girl" persona is exactly that, fake and used only to build a fan base.

But here's the deal... she made people happy.

Does she make so much she could do it for millions of people? Probably. Could she try do it privately and not turn it into a PR promotion piece? Sure. But who cares.

There are some people who will always remember that Taylor Swift noticed them and because of that, they feel valued.

That challenges me. Somehow it seems hypocritical to question someone else's kind acts if I haven't done any of my own. I don't know the last time I wrote a coworker, friend or family member a hand written note to say, "I see you, I value you and you are loved." I say "I love you" to people all the time, but sometimes we need... more.

What we need to realize is, our words are just as powerful as Taylor's. The receipt of the letter may not come with the same shrieks of glee but, if our message is heartfelt, it will get the same tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment