Monday, January 28, 2013

Wandering Eyes

Nothing tells a story better than country music, so I decided to write this song for Nancy. Feel free to sing it to whatever melody you'd like. 

I married my sweet darling over 20 years ago
and we headed off together on life’s narrow road.
And she’s always been faithful, and stood right by my side,
but there’s just been nothin’ I can do about her wanderin’ eyes.

She’s been such a good mamma to the two boys that we've raised;
She’s awesome in the kitchen and each night she will pray.
But every time we leave the house, her wandrin’ eyes do find
and make me stop along the road at every yard sale sign.

Chorus:
Wanderin’ eyes! There’s nothing I can do.
Wanderin’ eyes! They spot the thrift stores too.
Wanderin’ eyes! Find every second hand store.
Wanderin’ eyes! They’re always finding more.

Each and every summer, as morning starts to dawn,
People take their junky stuff and spread it cross the lawn.
And through some freakish gift from God, each one she does spy;
No matter what I try to do, or just how fast I drive.

She said, “Let’s take vacation. It’ll be a heap of fun.”
So we loaded up the car, and took off with our sons.
But it wasn’t long, down the road, that I knew it was a trap,
She had each Goodwill in the state, plotted on the map.

Chorus:

Then one day it happened, on a family drive,
She said those three words that I’d grown, to loath and despise.
“Stop the car!” She shouted, and I thought that I would scream,
Until I realized what she saw, was a Krispy Kreme,

Wanderin’ eyes, Oh how I love them true,
Wanderin’ eyes, They find me donuts too!
Wanderin’ eyes, they've saved me lots of money,
Wanderin’ eyes, I really love you honey,
Wanderin’ eyes…


3 comments:

  1. You have a real gift. Too bad there is no money in it for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't happen to know a good producer do you. :-)

      Delete